Posted to rec.food.cooking
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Would the Health Department shut down your kitchen?

On Sep 28, 4:36*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> Since we've had a lively discussion about whether or not we think it's
> ok to wash our hands in the sink......read this article.
>
> I'm sorry but this is way too much for *a home kitchen. * You guys
> know I'm a restauant owner, so I've dealth with all the Health
> Department rules and regulations and my restaurant always passed with
> A ratings.
>
> IMHO this inspector was over the top with this poor woman.
>
> Tell me if you agree.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/29/di...inspector.html

Disagree. The author wanted a restaurant-quality inspection, and got
it. The SJ Mercury News ran a similar article years ago, on
volunteers' kitchens. One woman almost passed, except she allowed her
dog in the kitchen. Keep hot food hot and cold food cold, Get oven and
fridge thermometers and meat thermometers, as well as a pocket test
thermometer. Nothing that collects dust, no surfaces that can't be
wiped clean.