Posted to rec.food.cooking
Roy[_2_] Roy[_2_] is offline

Default Would the Health Department shut down your kitchen?

On Sep 28, 5:36*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> Since we've had a lively discussion about whether or not we think it's
> ok to wash our hands in the sink......read this article.
>
> I'm sorry but this is way too much for *a home kitchen. * You guys
> know I'm a restauant owner, so I've dealth with all the Health
> Department rules and regulations and my restaurant always passed with
> A ratings.
>
> IMHO this inspector was over the top with this poor woman.
>
> Tell me if you agree.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/29/di...inspector.html

==
Yes, a bit much but after all she was supposed to be demonstrating the
standards required for restaurant food prep and she did bend at the
end and took pity on the homebody. The incorrect fridge temperature
was definitely a no-no and I do agree with the no cats in the kitchen
rule. Even when I had a dog she was not allowed in the kitchen except
for she was in transit.
==