Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheryl[_3_] Cheryl[_3_] is offline

Default Would the Health Department shut down your kitchen?

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> Since we've had a lively discussion about whether or not we think it's
> ok to wash our hands in the sink......read this article.
>
> I'm sorry but this is way too much for a home kitchen. You guys
> know I'm a restauant owner, so I've dealth with all the Health
> Department rules and regulations and my restaurant always passed with
> A ratings.
>
> IMHO this inspector was over the top with this poor woman.
>
> Tell me if you agree.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/29/di...inspector.html

I think it was totally silly for the author to even ask to be inspected in
the first place. There are too many differences between a home kitchen and
a public eating establishment. Especially when we're allowed to have pets
in our homes.

I'm not sure the purpose of the whole thing. But, it was an interesting
read. Thanks.