Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default (2010-09-26) NS-RFC: Kitchen sponges

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote on Sun, 26 Sep 2010 16:40:32 -0400:
>
>> "James Silverton" > wrote in
>> message ...
>>> I'm with the majority in having sponges but I am surprised
>>> that so few use the covered compartment in the dish washer
>>> cutlery basket to clean them.

>> What covered compartment?

> I guess not all dishwasher baskets must have them. AFAIR, my dishwashers
> have always had a compartment with a cover to prevent small items from
> floating away. A sponge that took off and sat on the heater could make a
> real mess.
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland

Sorry, I've never seen a dishwasher that had a covered compartment. The
current one has wine racks - something to hold the stems so the glasses
don't break. No covered compartments for the cutlerly or to prevent sponges
from floating I wash sponges in the washing machine, not the dishwasher.

Jill