Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Using a food processor to grind meat.

On 2010-09-14, Nancy Young > wrote:

> I saw Alton Brown use a food processor to grind meat once.
> I think he gave it exactly 10 pulses to get the grind he wanted.
> Maybe you could find his method online somewhere. Wait,
> he
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/b8b4aw

Yes, I have used ABs technique for this exact recipe and it works jes
fine. The trick is to put the meat in the freezer, but not let it get
hard frozen. Jes real firm, to where it's jes beginning to freeze
solid. I used the cutting blade of a Cuisinart and it came out
perfectly fine, give or take a pulse. Great burgers, BTW.

nb