Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_7_] Ophelia[_7_] is offline

Default Using a food processor to grind meat.

"Handy Gandy" > wrote in message
> I was watch America's Test Kitchen a few days, and they were using a food
> processor to grind meat. Cut into small pieces, freeze the meat, dump in
> the processor.
>
> I mentioned this to a friend saying " I thought you couldn't do that.
> That you needed a grinder specially made for it."
>
> He told me that they were using a fancy high end processor. Looked like a
> vanilla processor ro me. Is it possible?

Yes, I used to do it a long time ago, but the results are not so good. As
you have described, first you have to cut up the meat and then freeze it.
Not worth all the trouble! Oh and I didn't have a particularly high end
processor. Process it just a bit too long and you have mush.

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/