Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Ellen's breakfast vis-?-vis morning readings

On 9/6/2010 3:41 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> All you have to do with The Exchange Plan is read a label too. And it is
> still being used.

Glad it works for you, Julie, but I know too many people who are
diagnosed diabetics who get a sheet of paper with the exchange diet and
a bottle of pills. They stop putting sugar in their coffee and drink
diet soda and haven't a clue as to how they are supposed to eat because
that diet *does* intimidate people.

It is still used, but the diabetes publications we get here indicate
that carb counting is becoming much more popular in the education programs.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas