Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ellen K. Ellen K. is offline

Default Ellen's breakfast vis-?-vis morning readings

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Ellen K. > wrote:
>
> : > Then try 1/2 slice of rye bread or equivalent carbs in rye crackers
> plus
> : > the fat/protein and see what happens.
>
> : Just want to be sure I understand what you're suggesting, add
> approximately
> : 10 g grain-based carbs to the green veggie & cheese?
>
> a single Wasa cracker, weither fiber or light is about 6 grams net carbs.
> some of the others are heavier in weight so higher in carbs and calories.
> Also check out ryevita.
>
> Wendy

I think I will be better off using the rye matzo, not least because now if
it works I will have a use for all the halves left over from the Shabbos
meals. (The psak I got was to eat the Ashkenazi version of a kezayis, which
is half a machine matzo, and consider the other food in the meal to be
aggregated with it to get up to the amount needed to be able to wash with a
brocho and bentsh afterwards. Sephardim and Lubavitch hold a kezayis is a
whole machine matzo.) Another reason is that it doesn't set off further
carb cravings.