Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Ellen's breakfast vis-à-vis morning readings

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> Do you have a cite that the non-digestible fiber has to be at least 5g
>> per
>> serving? Because I was told in factoring carbs to deduct it for
>> everything.

> Some people are told to follow that rule, others are not. I do not
> follow it.

Well seeing as how I use insulin, I have to get the correct carb count.
That's why I wanted an actual cite. What people were told is of no matter
to me.

That being said, I do follow the Exchange Plan and on that plan you do not
count the low carb vegetables unless you are eating 3 or more servings per
meal. Then you have to count it as a carb. Carb being 15g. That's minus
the fiber.