jcoulter

Default Dom Les Chesnaies CHINON 1999

I wasn't sure when I picked this out tonight, 1999 getting long in the
tooth? NOT. Though it does not have as much aplle forward as a Vouvray this
Chinin based wine has an elegant mouth and a longish finish with a nice
touch of citrus that goes exceedingly well with tonight's dinner, a baked
grouper with a white wine sauce (infused with green onions and garlic)
accompanied by boiled red potatoes and asparagus. The only problem was that
we ran out of everything :-(

This is definitely a wine worth going back for as Dale might say a definite
B maybe B+. and IIRC a good QPR under 12 USD.