Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ellen K. Ellen K. is offline

Default Ellen's breakfast vis-à-vis morning readings

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:25:42 -0700, "Ellen K."
> > wrote:
>
>>It needs CARBS to turn it off in the morning?

> Yes, the mechanism is to turn off the release of glucose from the
> liver, by having just the right amount of carbs coming in from the
> digestion.

Today instead of my usual romaine lettuce, I tried a whole raw green pepper
with my cheese, i.e. about 5 gm net carbs instead of 2. Here are my
numbers:
5:58 98 This is shortly after getting up, and incidentally my lowest
FBG so far.
6:33 104 Right before breakfast. Finished the food at 7:08.
7:53 137 45 minutes after finishing the food, missed testing at what I
now think is my peak of 35 minutes because I was in the middle of something
for work.
8:18 133 70 minutes
After this didn't test again till 11:08, four hours after the food, which
was 104.

So while 137 is under the magic 140, it's still 33 points up from the
pre-breakfast value, and was probably not even the peak, although
considering that the next 25 minutes resulted in a reduction of only 4
points, maybe the peak wasn't much higher than the 137.

Any thoughts?