Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky Nicky is offline

Default brand name of kosher pareve chorizo

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:25:42 -0700, "Ellen K."
> wrote:

>It needs CARBS to turn it off in the morning?

Yes, the mechanism is to turn off the release of glucose from the
liver, by having just the right amount of carbs coming in from the
digestion.

I will typically have a 2-egg & mushroom omelette; or a Ryvita cracker
with maybe some ham; or a cream cheese and flax waffle; washed down
with a cup of strong coffee with a Splenda tab. If I have to
grab-and-run, I'll wrap a finger of cheese in a slice of ham, or if
I'm super-organised, a mini sausage, egg and bacon crustless quiche or
a flax muffin.

Alan's got some good ideas on his blog - I don't have the link handy,
but he keeps it in his sig. He can cope with way-out things like
leftover stew for breakfast - my head has that kind of stuff firmly in
the lunch/supper bracket, but if you can cope, it'll work well.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26