Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou decruss Lou decruss is offline

Default Recipe: coffee flavored pancakes

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 12:31:20 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Billy replied:

>>> Why criticize? If he tried it and liked, that's fine with me. I don't
>>> think it sounds like such a bad idea, truth be told.

>> Funny how new dishes are created....we try something different...an
>> interpertation of an old taste.
>>
>> I personally add my maple syrup to the batter before cooking on the
>> griddle. I love the flavor that is "inside" the pancakes.

>I don't think that pancakes require maple syrup in particular. I'll often
>use one of the many jams, jellies, or preserves we've got in the pantry to
>flavor individual pancakes. That way they're not all exactly the same boring
>thing.

Yeah. Pancakes can be pretty boring. I don't think I'd care for
coffee in them. We just had blueberry pancakes for dinner with no
syrup. Just butter. Someone here mentioned zucchini pancakes so I
tried those using a 50/50 mix of regular flour and masa. When I flip
them I top with shredded cheddar and serve with sour cream. They're
delicious and savory. Pancakes with syrup is just too sweet for me to
have often.

Lou