Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kent[_2_] Kent[_2_] is offline

Default Recipe: coffee flavored pancakes

"Bryan Simmons" > wrote in message
On Aug 22, 12:27 pm, Roy > wrote:
> On Aug 22, 11:16 am, "Kent" > wrote:
>

> > I have pancakes every morning, and ongoing I'm trying to find new ways
> > prepare them. This emerged from cortex in the middle of the night.

> > Pancake Mix with Coffee
> > 1. pancake mix of your choice
> > 2. add 2/3 - 3/4 strong coffee, or your usual morning coffee, instead of
> > water
> > 3 add1/3 - 1/4 2% milk
> > 4. sugar - Sugar, Splenda, or brown sugar, depending on size, and how
> > you
> > metabolize sugar.
> > 5. cook as per your usual

> > Tastes much better than you would think, the coffee taste is muted,
> > somewhat like Thai Iced Coffee, though obviously in a pancake

> > Kent

> ==
> What's next...garlic or oregano pancakes? Seems to me that you are
> stretching things a bit in order to gain attention.
> ==

>Really, the "pancake mix of your choice" part, as if any decent
>pancake mix wouldn't call for fresh eggs--or at least yolks--and
>either oil or butter, makes it obviously bullshit. This "Kent" never
>made such a thing. If this were a serious person, who actually cooked
>then the only explanation for the sub of coffee for water, is that he
>was using "just add water" pancake mix. Such mixes are garbage, and
>produce pancakes most suitable for feeding pigs.

--Bryan

I was using the Krusteaz "just add water" buttermilk pancake mix, along with
the millions of is that use that and similar. The coffee and milk, or cream
replaces the water or aqueous part of the dish. I had it again today, and I
really like it. It's a good and easy and different.

No eggs for me,

Kent