Michael Meschar

Default Schaefer Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett w/ham

Dale Williams wrote:

> In article >, "Max Hauser"
> > writes:
>
>>I also wonder if these "bottom" wines, in price and
>>concentration, may offer more food flexible food pairings than the richer
>>ones do; those after all are heavier, and they seem to have more residual
>>sugar at a given Prädikat level than they did several years ago.

> Oh, I agree the Kabinett (and Qba- don't discount non-Prädikat wines from
> good producers) are better suited for most foods. I think in this case a
> better match would have been a Kabinett with more body - maybe an '01
> vntage, or something from the Rheinhessen. My speculations re the better
> Schaefers were a generality, not as a match for this meal.
>
> Domprobst is supposed to be a "better" vineyard than Himmelreich, I'm
> going to try and pick up one soon.
>
> thanks.
> Dale
>
> Dale Williams
> Drop "damnspam" to reply

I also agree, that the wines you have tasted are very fine. I want to
recommend you Riesling from north of Baden. They did not have so much body,
than the wines you tasted but there are a lot of cheaper. There are really
good for fish and asparagus (i hope this is the right word). I can
recommend some vineyards if you want me to.

regards

Michael