Dale Williams

Default Schaefer Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett w/ham

In article >, "Max Hauser"
> writes:

>I also wonder if these "bottom" wines, in price and
>concentration, may offer more food flexible food pairings than the richer
>ones do; those after all are heavier, and they seem to have more residual
>sugar at a given Prädikat level than they did several years ago.

Oh, I agree the Kabinett (and Qba- don't discount non-Prädikat wines from good
producers) are better suited for most foods. I think in this case a better
match would have been a Kabinett with more body - maybe an '01 vntage, or
something from the Rheinhessen. My speculations re the better Schaefers were a
generality, not as a match for this meal.

Domprobst is supposed to be a "better" vineyard than Himmelreich, I'm going to
try and pick up one soon.

thanks.
Dale

Dale Williams