Posted to rec.food.preserving
ST ST is offline

Default peeling peaches

>I still don't understand to what you were referring. Was it the pit that
>was split?

Me neither anymore.
What I was thinking, if such >
-I've had dried peaches. These are half peaches no pit. They taste a bit
a like peach, but mostly taste fuzzy. Seems like somebody cut around a
freestone peach, tossed the pit and dried the halves. (And did so often
-I've seen dead tiny bugs stuck to peaches and perhaps that was from
them getting those teensy little bug feet caught in the peach fuzz.
-If so brushing things off of the peach would leave little bug feet caught
in the peach fuzz.
-
The morals of this story are don't drink and post, Make very sure more
than three times that your software won't try to help you, don't eat peach
icecream that tastes: "Ick! Fuzzy?!" and that aphid feet are, like maybe?
all fiber and therefore _good_ for you.
-
-
I peel peaches because of peach fuzz.
How to peel 'em depends on how many you got. Each method has a per
peach time.
2 peaches? Heck with that. Eat em. Or knife, or fingernails.
20 peaches? Knife, fingernails, and if they aren't ripe a potato pealer.
200 peaches? That boiling water method.
Shawn T
Ohio, USA