James Silverton

Default VA wines - one from White Hall, Horton tasting. Long, sorry.

"Furious Shepherd" > wrote in
message ...
> Horton's Norton is excellent. I hope to make the drive from PA for

more this
> summer.
>
> "Dale Williams" > wrote in message
> > I've never understood why the Horton Viognier got such good press,

> agree.
> >
> > You didn't taste the Horton Norton? I've heard good things re

that.

> > Thanks for the notes.
> > Dale

Speaking as someone who has hopefully been watching and drinking
Virginia wines for some time, IMHO they are interesting, improving and
sometimes very good but here, in this neighboring state, I find their
prices non-competitive. I must admit that I rather enjoyed a champagne
type wine from Prince Michel (I think) at Christmas.

--
James V. Silverton
Potomac, Maryland, USA