Posted to rec.food.preserving
ST ST is offline

Default peeling peaches

>> The peach ice cream that tastes fuzzy was probably made with dry peaches
>> that were just cut in half to take the pit out.
>> And on those, watch out for little 1/32 inch leg fragments.

>You have legs in your peaches?????

I hope not---
That was a stupid comment about what is allowed in foods and spices, which is
nothing that will harm you physically if everyone does as required by USA law,
and yet another thing for me to put on my nonexistant list of things I must not say.

1/32 of an inch is very small but much to big to go all asbestosis on you: Harmless.
-
IME, different ways of keeping things from going bad so you won't starve to death
during the winter/summer* result in different products (dried Killifish eggs** are
most certainly not salted sturgeon roe), and now it's a day later and I don't know
why I said this but it seems to kinda make sense.
-
Peaches have fuzz on for a reason which I assume is pests.
This could be the same reason that amber with bugs in exists, and something I've
noticed is pretty much everything that gets bit bites back, and some of my peaches
kind of ooze out some really sticky goo that I've never seen bugs stuck in.
-
IME, peach ice cream that tastes fuzzy was made with skin on dried peach halves.
--sad face-- 'cuase tastes fuzzy.
SDT
Ohio, USA
*I try not to get cold during the winter here which is summer over there and vice
versa. So if I were in New Zealand. AC or furnace?
**Uh, Got any???