Posted to rec.food.preserving
ST ST is offline

Default peeling peaches

>I am just wondering why do all the books recommend the boiling water/
>ice water method for peeling peaches? Is it just for speed?

Yes.
But , you'll also get more usable product from that method: almost no waste,
and pretty much no wasted usable product.
-
If you don't get the fuzz off the peach, the peach products will taste fuzzy.
You don't want that.
And about ice cream.
The peach ice cream that tastes fuzzy was probably made with dry peaches
that were just cut in half to take the pit out.
And on those, watch out for little 1/32 inch leg fragments.
SDT