Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Electric Coffee Percolator?

On Aug 17, 11:17 am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Aug 15, 4:20 pm, phaeton > wrote:
>
> nobody mentioned Toddy.....
>
> with a coffee toddy maker you can use as much or as little coffee
> 'syrup' as you like for strength and NO bitterness.

I take it that Toddy is cold brewed coffee....

" It seems to live up to its billing. Advocates generally claim lower
acid, lower caffeine, and a liquid concentrate that keeps well for
more
than a week.

"We had a friend who prepared cold brewed coffee exclusively and we
drank it often when we visited. Until they moved away.

" Pretty much for all the reasons listed as advantages, we didn't much
like it. It didn't have enough caffeeine for us, the taste lacked
something, probably acid, and the idea of adding water and zapping it
just didn't seem "fresh" to us."

....that's what we posted about it some five years ago. Another poster
in that thread pointed out that cold-brewed coffee had been around for
many years and never gained much popularity, which probably meant
something.

Just as here with percolators--their usage declined, drip makers
grew. The magical mystery of competition doesn't always point to
inherent value but it's something to take note of...... -aem