Posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default Hemp protein vs. Whey protein

I do a fruit smoothie for breakfast in the mornings. I had been using
whey protein in my morning smoothies until I got a few comments from
others about hemp protein, so I decided to try some.

I must admit I like the hemp protein waaaaaaay better than the
whey.

Here's why: first, the whey protein makes the smoothie really 'poofy'
and sort of 'gummy' with an almost slimy texture; second, the whey
protein really pumps up the volume of the smoothie and makes it too
filling. The hemp protein does not expand and does not make the
smoothie change texture and it does not increase the volume of the
smoothie. It doesn't mask any flavors of the fruit the way the whey
does as well.

I figure it's the difference between dairy and vegetable. And I'm
preferring the vegetable both for texture and mouth feel.

Does anyone else here do morning smoothies and do you use whey protein
or hemp protein? I'd love to have your reactions to both.