Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default Indian Munnar tea

Anybody have any. Laura Childs mentions it in her second book
Gunpowder Green in the Tea Shop Mystery series. It is a large tea
producing area in southern India. I didnt see any for sale in the
first couple of pages of Google hits. I suspect it ends up as
ubiquitous CTC. Drayton her so called tea master whisks up some
Japanese sencha into a broth which is deluded with hot water from a
tetsubin. I think she meant him to use matcha or at the minimum
gyokuro. After the PanYang thread I rushed down to Teavana and got me
some Golden Monkey. Very tasty and very expensive. I also got their
Copper Knot Hongcha from Yunnan. Equally tasty but affordable. Young
leaf and bud in the class of Black Gold and you dont have to wait for
your postal courier.

Jim