Max Hauser

Default Horrors ( TN: 2004 Arbor Mist ...)

"Cwdjrx _" in ...
> . . .. Also you should have
> had Boston Musical Society Baked Beans.

Indeed indeed. Reminds me of the 1996 experimental hot-spicy
rehydrated-chickpea cassoulet whose side effects were horrible, devastating.
Still, merely physical, not spiritual, not one of those life traumas like
the rotten black Chinese mushroom I once bit innocently in Ithaca, New York,
leaving me changed -- entire dimensions of wretchedness in flavor
unimaginable to the fortunate inexperienced whom chance spares.

There is even a small specialty cooking literature of the designedly
off-putting. Helen Gurley Brown's "Ghastly Eggs" recipe is famous in the
US, in part thanks to the Sterns' observant reprinting of it. (The Sterns
are better known for their _Encyclopedia of Bad Taste_ with its 110 engaging
small articles: fake fur, stretch limousines, Gabor sisters, Liberace, etc.,
containing amazing details.) Given energy and an occasion, I'll quote that
recipe, but someone else is welcome to do so too. It IS wine-related.