Alex Rast

Default Looking For Chocolate Recipes

at Fri, 26 Dec 2003 20:22:12 GMT in >,
(Margaret Suran) wrote :

>I have a 1 1/4 lb box of 64% dark Guittard chocolates. I would like to
>use this chocolate for baking. Is there a brownie recipe or one for a
>simple chocolate cake that someone could post, please? The ones I have
>are for unsweetened chocolate or chocolate powder.
>
>The chocolate is very tasty, but a little too sweet for eating, for my
>taste.

See my recent repost, " rich, moist chocolate cake" of the recipe
originally posted under "Cake Recipe - Chocolate Death", for the cake part
of Chocolate Death. CD itself is complex, but the cake part is simple and
excellent. Also see my posts substituting semisweet or bittersweet in
recipes asking for unsweetened chocolate, especially in regards to
brownies.

I assume you have "L'Harmonie"? IMHO this is very good, so the cake recipe
will work well with it.

--
Alex Rast