Posted to rec.food.cooking
Larry[_29_] Larry[_29_] is offline

Default Okay All You Meat Grinding Folks... what to grind first?

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 04:57:25 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>

>> > wrote in message
>>

>>> Why do you always have to be so nasty Steve?
>>>

> You get pretty nasty yourself, 'friend'.
>

>>> Be helpful instead. Geeze!
>>>

> You were doing so good at shutting the **** up. Keep it that way.
> Still haven't heard back from Seton. I'll have to send it again
> and followup.
>

>> Ignore him, I do As for how often I'll use it... I'll use it at least as
>> much as he does his blender
>>

> Huh?<shrug>. I use the blender about twice a year.
> Meat Grinder about 6 times a year.
> Stick blender - 12
> Food processor - 4
> Spice grinder - 24
> Toaster - 12
> pressure cooker - zero.
>
> Speaking of meat grinders, I suspect some of the others here will
> also get this email:
>
> -----
> Hello,
> I am Mr.Jason Row and would like to order (Electric Meat
> Grinder) and what would be the price for each unit so that i can
> Quote you with the Quantity i want to order..Also what types of
> credit card do you accept as payment..?Thank you and reply ASAP..
> Thanks
> ------
>
> They see this meat grinder thread (for example) and email
> everybody they can. It is of course a scam. I've gotten 3 of
> them in the last 3 weeks.
>
> -sw

I get those scams at work almost weekly. They usually go after
businesses with websites that take credit cards. I played one guy for a
while. He gave me three credit card numbers to use. They were all
stolen cards (at least the info) and the issuing banks said they were
still active. They don't care what the price is since the scam isn't
about the product and the product never is shipped anyway. They make
their money when you run the cards and pay _their_ shipping company a
lot of money. Then the credit card charge backs will come and you are
out the cash paid to the bogus shipping company. I would never pay a
third party as part of any transaction like that.

BTW - The wife makes a mean jambalaya in the pressure cooker!