Old 26-07-2010, 05:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Okay All You Meat Grinding Folks... what to grind first?

In article ,
"jmcquown" wrote:

As far as andouille, if you can't find pecan, can you find sugar cane
scrap, leftovers from sugar processing? I understand that's a popular
"wood" for smoking andouille.

MartyB

Alas, they don't grow sugar cane here so I have no idea where I'd find that.
I'm not planning on making andouille, at any rate. I don't have a smoker
and it's a smoked sausage. (And no, OM, I'm not buying a smoker!)
Andouille is a lovely sausage but I may have found a local source for
purchasing it already made

Jill

Hey, it's all good! I don't always use my smoker to smoke. G
It can double as a grill...

Or a wood fueled oven!
--
Peace! Om