Old 26-07-2010, 05:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Okay All You Meat Grinding Folks... what to grind first?

In article ,
"jmcquown" wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/SmokedSausage09202009#

Now all she needs is a smoker. :-)
Mine is a horizontal offset.
--
Peace! Om

LOL You know, I've never understood the way some houses (and most
apartments I've lived in) are designed the way they are. The only place I
could put a smoker is on the back patio, which is hell and gone from the
kitchen. I *hate* carrying food from the through the living room to get to
the patio. (Oh, and the carpet is white, so no accidental food spills,
please!) It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

I can wheel my trusty Weber kettle from the garage onto the driveway and
back in again. But a smoker is a different animal and I'm not talking about
a huge barrel smoker, either. I think I can live without a smoker I can
"smoke" ribs on the Weber kettle. They aren't truly smoked, of course, but
they do get nice smoky taste from added (soaked) hickory chips.

Jill

Actually, this sausage was plenty good without the smoke. :-)
It's just a fun addition to sausage making...

Works just fine both ways.
--
Peace! Om