Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jacquie Jacquie is offline

Default Update on the meatloaf

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>> In article >,

>>> I do mine on cookie sheets.

>> I've always done my meatloaf in a loaf pan, as my mother did. I take a
>> long piece of aluminum foil and line the pan with it, cross-ways, with
>> lots hanging over the outside. When the meatloaf's done, you can pick
>> it up by the pieces of foil that are hanging over the edges, lift it up
>> and out onto a platter.
>>
>> When I was growing up, the juice and fat that came out of the meatloaf
>> went over boiled potatoes. *sigh*

> I do mini ones for two reasons. They cook faster. And I can't add an egg
> as a binder so they tend not to hold together.
>
> One of my favorite things to make as a kid was meatloaf ala mode. I made
> the meatloaf in a round cake pan, cut it in wedges and then topped each
> wedge with a scoop of mashed potatoes.

One of my daughters specialties when she was a young teen was meatloaf made
in muffin tins...after muffin loaves were done she would turn the tin upside
down and drop the meatloaves onto a baking sheet..then would frost them with
mashed potatoes...put them in the oven, while she heated cheddar cheese soup
and added peas to it then would plated the meatloaf and pour the cheddar
cheese pea sauce over it. She got it from a kids cookbook....her Dad loved
it