Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheryl[_3_] Cheryl[_3_] is offline

Default Germany considers tax on the obese.

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> A few years ago after my brother had surgery he wanted to go to the
> grocery store. He wasn't *obviously* impaired but the doctor told him to
> stay off his feet for a few days. He wanted to stock up on food on the
> way home from the hospital. He used one of those motarized carts because
> the doctor told him not to walk. I'm sure lots of people would have
> looked at him and assumed "lazy" rather than "doctor's orders". Not
> everyone who needs those carts is old (or fat).

Funny you mention that because it never occurred to me to look for one of
those carts to shop after my foot surgery. I just ordered home delivery.
Even after a week it's hard to walk but I do it because I want it to heal.
Moving it is the only thing that's going to do that. Sure hurts, though,
even running into the store yesterday for a few things I needed.