Old 25-07-2010, 12:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Okay All You Meat Grinding Folks... what to grind first?

Jill wrote:

Okay, and that makes sense. I, too, prefer all beef for meat loaf. But
so many folks yak about "meat loaf mix". Frankly I'd rather have some
nice pork chops and a couple of good veal chops than to grind pork and
veal together just for meat loaf.

I adore a mixture of ground beef and ground lamb in meatloaf. It tastes
"beefier" and is luscious.

Ground lamb is another story I love lamb. Lamb patties, properly
seasoned and made into burgers are nice. I've never tried it in meatloaf,
but I just might. Thanks, Goomba!

You might like Alton Brown's recipe for meatballs; it contains a mixture of
beef, pork and lamb. It's also got spinach and Parmesan for even more
flavor.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

Bob