Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Okay All You Meat Grinding Folks... what to grind first?

jmcquown > wrote:

> But a smoker is a different animal and I'm not
> talking about a huge barrel smoker, either. I think I can live
> without a smoker I can "smoke" ribs on the Weber kettle. They
> aren't truly smoked, of course, but they do get nice smoky taste from
> added (soaked) hickory chips.

What diameter Weber Kettle do you have?

I find ribs (with the exception of baby back ribs, which almost don't
count) to be one of the least successful things to cook on the 18"
Weber, relative to how they'd come out of a true smoker. But the larger
units probably work better.

Steve