Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Okay All You Meat Grinding Folks... what to grind first?

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 13:23:39 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"Omelet" > wrote in message
>news

>>> Making meat loaf is the best learning experience... it's most
>>> forgiving... burgers is the most difficult because it's only one
>>> ingredient.

>> <lol> Nice one Shel'!
>> --
>> Peace! Om
>>

>I believe he was completely serious. Meat loaf isn't something I make very
>often. And to grind my own "meat loaf mix" (beef, pork and veal) would
>surely cost more than the effort is worth.

I never blend different meats, I much prefer all beef for meat loaf...
you can prepare meatballs too. The learning curve increases with the
more different ingredients you grind... for meat loaf all the veggies
are ground too, even the crumbs.