Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Okay All You Meat Grinding Folks... what to grind first?

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 17:29:32 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2010-07-23, brooklyn1 > wrote:
>
>> If the specs are true it's a remarkabel bargain:
>> http://tinyurl.com/2ehduas

>"<li>Cast Aluminum Feeding Hopper <li>Cast Aluminum Auger & Auger
>Housing <li>"
>
>> Compare to Cabela's largest grinder: http://tinyurl.com/3a75epz

>"We've improved our existing designs by adding stainless steel necks,
>screws, plates and blades."
>
>"Heavy-duty air-cooled motors are housed in stainless steel and sit
>atop stainless steel bases for corrosion-free use and easy
>cleanup. Our motors include internal circuit breakers..."
>
>No mention of the auger material, but I bet it's not cast aluminum.
>
>What the auger on your Pro grinder, Shel?
>
>http://tinyurl.com/28qwxvf
>
>nb

That's the same as my Waring Pro but with Cabela's name on it instead.
The auger is cast aluminum... only the motor housing shroud is
stainless. It's plenty suitable for home use.

But I was referring to Cabela's commercial type machines lower down on
the page for comparison... even their largest is less than 2 HP but
costs $750. Of course no one needs those kind of grinders for home
use... the one Jill bought will be fine, especially for as often as
she'll use it and for the quantities she would likely prepare... that
grinder is still ten times better than that toys r us plastic thingie
fits the KA mixer.