Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Oh, And.... Okay All You Meat Grinding Folks... what to grindfirst?

On 7/23/2010 3:20 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> Where did you buy that grinder?
>>>
>>> A 2.6 horsepower grinder is more then what's at most butcher shops.
>>> So I looked it up...
>>> If the specs are true it's a remarkabel bargain:
>>> http://tinyurl.com/2ehduas
>>> http://www.amazon.com/2000W-Electric...9914053&sr=8-1
>>>

>> I won it on an eBay auction (brand new) for $84 plus free shipping. I
>> won the auction on the 11th and it arrived last Saturday.
>> It may not be 2.6HP - the first one I bid on did say that but I lost
>> that auction and looked for another one. (The pictures were very
>> similar.) It's a Sky 800 electric grinder. The thing is, I didn't
>> unpack it until yesterday because I was still trying to find a place
>> to store it.
>>
>> Jill

> Here's the email I got from the seller after I won the auction:
>
> "We have shipped your eBay Auction US Item # 150465190112.
> NEW 2.6 HP 2000W ELECTRIC MEAT GRINDER INDUSRTRIAL"
>
> Jill

I have a #12 grinder that looks almost identical to that one. The "2.6
HP" and "2000W" and "industrial" part are all BS, but the grinder works
great :-) The only concern I have about the one you bought is the
little tabs on the ends of the plates. I've never seen that before, and
I'm pretty sure it means the plates are a nonstandard size.

The plates pretty much last forever if they are any good, so it still
might not be a problem.

Bob