Michael Bartlett

Default Futures and Bond

Folks,

I have finally exceeded the (limited) space I have in my racks. I've got
about 100 bottles on rack in the dining room, I keep the central heating off
unless we have a dinner party and the few £100ish wines (Grange, Silver
Oak). I'm wanting to achieve two things, firstly temperature controlled
storage.

So I'm looking at doing two things I wouldn't mind some advice on...

1) Futures
I'm wanting to buy some futures, I'm based in London - what's the best way
to go about this? Very nebulous, I know!

2) Bond
There was a question about wine under bond a few weeks ago, but I can't seem
to find it on google. My understanding of this is, say I buy a case of GAM
under bond. I don't pay any duty tax on the wine and it is kept in some
cellar somewhere. The question I have is, when I want to get the wine, how
does the tax work? Do I pay the duty based on the original price of the wine
or will the new value of the wine be estimated for taxation? Is bond
worthwhile or would I be better off buying it now and sending it off to
profressional cellaring services?

Cheers
MB