Posted to rec.food.cooking
Curt Nelson[_3_] Curt Nelson[_3_] is offline

Default 700° Degree Roast Chicken (kinda long...)

On 7/21/2010 12:06 AM, Giusi wrote:
> "Curt > ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>> It turned out wonderfully juicy with a pretty crispy and perfectly>
>> browned skin. I've found with a rotisserie you're never going to get a
>> perfectly crispy skin because it continuously bastes itself in it's own>
>> fat, but doing it at ridiculously high temperature makes for skin a lot
>> less flaccid than the low-and-slow method.

> I rotisserie chicken all the time in a dedicated rotisserie, not a grill. I
> set it at max and let her rip. I always get a very crisp skin. If I didn't
> I wouldn't use this method, because a vertical roaster at 175 will give you
> great skin. I wonder why yours doesn't? You aren't oiling or buttering it
> are you?

No, no oiling or buttering. It just seems that when using the rotisserie
on my Weber there's a ton of fat that renders off the bird and it never
totally goes away before the internal temperature says it's done.

No matter, I still had a great lunch. :-)

Hasta,
Curt Nelson