Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default 700° Degree Roast Chicken (kinda long...)

"Curt Nelson" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> It turned out wonderfully juicy with a pretty crispy and perfectly >
> browned skin. I've found with a rotisserie you're never going to get a
> perfectly crispy skin because it continuously bastes itself in it's own >
> fat, but doing it at ridiculously high temperature makes for skin a lot
> less flaccid than the low-and-slow method.

I rotisserie chicken all the time in a dedicated rotisserie, not a grill. I
set it at max and let her rip. I always get a very crisp skin. If I didn't
I wouldn't use this method, because a vertical roaster at 175 will give you
great skin. I wonder why yours doesn't? You aren't oiling or buttering it
are you?