Old 18-07-2010, 10:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default frozen pizza dough

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:37:47 -0500, George Leppla
wrote:

Back in the "long ago" when I was going to college, I would buy 10
loaves of frozen bread dough for $1 at the bread outlet store. The
local market sold small cans of tomato sauce for 10 to 15 cents each...
and this was in Wisconsin, so the local cheese places had mozzarella
cheap. It was possible to put together a cheese pizza for less than $1.

Sometimes that bread dough got defrosted and turned into pretzels.
Funny how creative you can be when you are broke.

Sounds like you ate well, George. Necessity is the mother of
invention!

--

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.