Max Hauser

Default Wizardry ( Any ideas besides Ebay ...)

"Mark Lipton" in message ...

> Max Hauser wrote:
>
> >.... (An esteemed, highly accomplished European-émigré
> > co-worker once said, and he knew whereof he spoke: "You
> > can never have too many bank accounts, or too many passports."

> Your co-worker's philosophy is an
> interesting one, but hard to pursue (legally) for an American citizen.

The gentleman lived under a régime encouraging flexibility beyond the
motivations typically encountered in the US. (He has now, like many others,
contributed substantially to his adopted country and community.) I should
mention that today, more so than a few years ago, some nations do promote
dual-nationality options permitting passports. I know US citizens who have
done this with various nations. A certain number of people throughout the
world manage to obtain additional legal passports thus; how minutely they
satisfy the nominal requirements for doing so, I could not say.