Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tracy[_2_] Tracy[_2_] is offline

Default silicone baking mat for roling roti

Manda Ruby wrote:
> Do you think it'd be less sticky or not sticky to use silicone baking
> mat? This lady uses it:
> Roti, Chapati (Flat Indian Bread) Recipe by Manjula
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD4o_...eature=channel

I've never made them before (now I want to!) but I would have to
guess the silicone mat helps the roti stay in place while you roll
them as opposed to just a floured board where they would slide
around. I think you need to limit how much flour is added during the
rolling. The silicone has a sort of stickiness, the dough would
grip to without gettting stuck.

Plus, you will notice she has a tiled counter which requires her to
use something to roll them.

-Tracy