Gorio Gorio is offline
Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by .[_7_] View Post
On Feb 26, 5:46*pm, "Mike" wrote:
"." wrote in message
There was a core group in this NG that was perfectly happy with eating
tacos and drinking beer, and trying to eat the hottest chile or drink
chile sauce straight from a bottle.

That's all Mexican food was to them.

Yet you come across as a bigger prick than them. You lose

Anthony Bourdain was my role model...
In the Yucatan they enjoy "conchita de pibil" which is a pork roasted (really more stewed with anatto seeds ("achiote" at the Mexican mart). It's surprisingly easy to find even here, in Hooterville. Grind 'em up(about 2-4T add some liquid in the Nesco with some garlic and abit of salt.) Cover with banan leaves if you're big on the "A word"; but I make it without. I can fit a puerquito (30 day old piglet) in my nesco and let 'er roll on 200 for 10 hours. Use a pork shoulder; you know.

The "carnitas" part comes in when you with to use the leftovers (make a lot, or you won't get leftovers.) Preserve in fridge in the achiote fuid and brown on caste iron. Garnish with good pico, or what my friends call "salsa fresca."

This is such a tough one because every mexican cook has their version of carnitas and they vary from region to region.

Last edited by Gorio : 13-07-2010 at 03:31 PM