Old 12-07-2010, 04:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default The curse of unĚhot peppers

Steve wrote:

I think you have a problem with your hot-receptors. As far as I
know there is no mild serrano or thai bird - and no drastic
changes in growing conditions.

I have not noticed any heat reduction in either of those peppers
and I use each of them almost weekly. I've heard this from
several people here (not the first for you), but I just think
you're taste buds are wearing out.

Well, I have also run across mild serranos, and I know my heat receptors are
*not* wearing out because a roasted locally-grown jalape˝o made me gasp with
surprise at how hot it was.

Bob