Mike Tommasi

Default South of France Wine Areas

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 01:05:50 GMT, "dick" > wrote:

>Thanks for advice. I had found these on a web site-
>http://www.avignon-et-provence.com/p...euf/index.html
>
>I am a bit nervous about accommodations. My Bro-In-Law used to be a yacht
>captain and suggested just book your arrival and departure cities for
>lodging...then stay at B&B's in route. (no reservations needed) If you want
>to explore longer in some locations it won't matter.
>
>So all I am going to do is book a nice place in Barcelona for the first 3-4
>nights, then for the last 2-3 in Nice or Monaco....and the 8 nights nights
>or so in between we will try to stay near Avignon, Aix in Provance, and
>others along the way...I will book train to go from Barcelona to
>France...and have car reservations made, and some winery appointments.

Dick

near Avignon B&B and some meals stay at La Marteliere, tell them I
sent you and they'll charge you double ;-)))

www.la-marteliere.com

Good place, calm, country, close to everything (Fontaine de Vaucluse,
Chateauneuf, Avignon, Isle sur Sorgue, Gordes. Great wine cellar and
can give you greart advice, he's on FRBV.

Mike

Mike Tommasi, Six Fours, France
email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail