Mark Lipton

Default South of France Wine Areas

alfaekko wrote:

> In Gigondas I recommend a visit to Domaine Raspail-Ay. Very good wine at
> reasonable price (10 euro)
>
> In Vacqueyras, try Domaine La Garrique. They make excellent and powerfull
> wines with good potential for ageing.
> Read more at http://www.vacqueyras.tm.fr/EN/Cellars/Lagarrigue.htm
>
> In Cdp, I have visited Clos de Papes, they sell at around 20 euro a very
> good CdP.

Good suggestions. In CdP, I'd add Font de Michelle (good pricing), Domaine
du Pegau (a personal favorite) and (though I've never been there) I'd try to
get in to Clos du Caillou -- they're doing some great things these days.
Ch. Beaucastel is also worth a visit if you want to see the closest thing to
a CA tasting room to be found in those parts...

Mark Lipton