alfaekko

Default South of France Wine Areas

"dick" > skrev i en meddelelse
link.net...
> When in Avignon I was going to journey to Chateneauf du Pape and visit

wtih
> some winerys. Reservations will be made in advance with a few.
>
> What other wine regions in South of France are worthy of a visit and
> spending some time. I will be driving from Perpignon to Nice over a 12

day
> period so have lots of exploring time.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

In Gigondas I recommend a visit to Domaine Raspail-Ay. Very good wine at
reasonable price (10 euro)

In Vacqueyras, try Domaine La Garrique. They make excellent and powerfull
wines with good potential for ageing.
Read more at http://www.vacqueyras.tm.fr/EN/Cellars/Lagarrigue.htm

In Cdp, I have visited Clos de Papes, they sell at around 20 euro a very
good CdP.

Anders