Posted to alt.food.wine
Bill S. Bill S. is offline

Default Bocce Wines

Notes from a garden/bocce afternoon, a pot luck where anything goes:

Bailly Lapierre Cremant de Bourgogne Exception Nature – pleasant nose,
good bubble, light and pleasant.

1999 Jakoby-Mathy Kinheimer Rosenberg Riesling Kabinett – a real
pronounced petrol nose on this, the wine crisp clean and refreshing

2006 Zind Humbrecht ‘Zind’ – a chardonnay pinot auxerois blend, this
wine has never impressed me, and it didn’t start now. Grassy nose,
indeterminate blend, so-so.

2009 Blue Mountain Pinot Noir – I opened a case just for fun, as I
hadn’t yet tried this. Sappy nose, lovely Beaujolais sort of colour,
good fruit, soft tannin. Good now, but will be fine over a 5 year
haul.

2004 Dom. de l’Oratoire Cairanne Haut Coustias – anise and berries in
the nose of this dark wine, and lots of acidity.

2005 Voges St. Peray Fleur de Crussol – I always like this Marsanne
based wine. Showing some colour and an interesting nose of lime and
melon, there was lots going on on palate here. Nice smooth finish.

2006 Dom. des Amouriers 'Cuvee Signature' Vacqueyras – with a
proprietor by the name of Chudzikiewicz one might expect a non-
traditional wine, but this was excellent – a little tar, a lot of red
fruit, smooth and juicy in the mouth, drink now or over the next few
years.

2007 Dom. du Cristia Cotes du Rhone – another tasty one with black
olive and excellent fruit, some tannin, but drinking at peak now
(haven’t yet started on the 2008) – excellent garden wine.