Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Does one need to go to culinary school to become a professional cook?

Peter wrote:

> I am very fortunate as I am close by to a pretty good cooking school
> (Midwest Culinary Institute) where I can take some classes to make
> sure I am competent in the basics at a very reasonable cost.

That's great. One thing I've noticed is that cooking school is
crazy expensive, then when you graduate, the pay doesn't pay
you back all that tuition money.

Best of luck in your venture. Or adventure. Sounds cool. This
is one field where results mean more than degrees.

nancy