George Cutshaw

Default Selling wine

"Viv" > wrote in message
> Thanks for all the responses. I can't query the original investment as

they
> were bought by a relative who has since passed away. He took advice

though,
> I gather. They have been stored in a cellar, and not moved. They are

Chateau
> Cissac Haut medoc 1982.

Well, 1982 was a great vintage and if stored properly the wines do have
*some* value, but probably not more than $50 (U.S.) per bottle (although I
could be wrong). This is a Cru Bourgeois that, according to Parker, ages
fairly well and is "especially popular" in England. However, even the 1982s
may be fully mature or declining. I have never tasted this wine.

Too bad the original investment advisor didn't recommend a 1982 first-growth
or other top-flight 1982 (e.g., Pichon Lalande or Leoville Las Cases).
Those wines increased in value tremendously.

> Any suggestions where to start would be appreciated.
>

> "Michael Bartlett" > wrote in message
> > How have these wines been stored? If they haven't been cellared

correctly,