Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: cheap but good Brunello and Chablis GC

On Jun 29, 11:27*am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Yeah, I remember those sales being advertised in the NYT, but the trek
> from Manhattan to Scarsdale sans auto always seemed too daunting to me
> at the time. *My bad: those are some scary-good prices.

Well, their prices are generally high, so even their 17 or 20 percent
off sales only produce good prices (and some not so good!) as opposed
to steals. But if you are on one of their lists (it seems not everyone
gets every offer sometimes) there are occasionally outrageous deals
($5 Barolo halves or Roc de Cambes 750s, etc). But even in this list
there are some that are only average deals.

> Wow, $15 for even a village-level Chablis is a great price. *For GC,
> it's absurdly good as long as the wine is competently made, especially
> from a year like '07. *I hope you got a lot of this, Dale.

I only got a case, and split some with a friend at cost, so 6 left,
probably would have liked more but hey I like variety.